Tuesday, 20 December 2011

A fix, I hope

Two of these.. 

I have finally decided to start making new parts in purpose of fixing the on/off issue of this printer. With Bowden type extruder, there is always a risk of the bowden-tube been too stretchy or getting lose.

At Emaker Huxley, this 3mm PTFE tube is attached with an Pneumatic connector, which is nice and quick way, and does usually work reliably enough.

Unfortunately that didn't seems to be case with my machine. I am not sure if it's due variance at parts or have I done something wrong while building the machine.
with four nuts+bolts and two cable ties

Earlier I have tried some alternative fixings, like glue and heatshrirk tube. Unfortunately the PTFE (best known with brand name Teflon) tube is extremely slippery so making solid fix is kinda hard.

I do hope this one works,.. There is room for improvements, in case someone is interested. All the design files are available at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:14854

No comments:

Post a Comment