Thursday 17 November 2011

Artistic impression

These printer settings are still a bit faulty, cause the final result is more artistic rendering,  than technically correct. But the resulting Pla -printed white snowflake is anyhow such a nice item that I think I have by accident solved my X-mas gifts/cards for this season.




On a technical note. This softness partially comes due fact of printer head being bit too high from the build platform, thus allowing the extruded plastic too much room to wiggle side by side.. Also there seem to be some technical issues on printer itself, the Z-axis bearings seems somehow gotten loose at one end. I have no idea how that happen, but I'll better fix em before trying again.

PS: For those interested... the original STL source file used for 3d print is freely available here, thanks for the designer. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:13161

No comments:

Post a Comment